Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Door County Half-Marathon progress...




Just a quick update on our progress towards the Door County half-marathon.

We have just about a week and a half to go before the race. I have been trying to increase my speed a bit over the last few weeks in order to attempt a sub-2 hr half-marathon. I'm not too sure that I'll be able to pull that off, but I'll start the race with that in mind and just adjust down if necessary. I'll need to keep a 9:00 minute per mile pace to make it. My hamstring is just about healed, so hopefully one more week will allow it to heal all the way. Looking forward to trying the sub-2 hr -- I'm thinking it will be more from the mental side than from the physical side -- so I just need to stick with the plan.

I've been keeping with my IronMan Louisville training plan over the last month and outside of being a bit tired from time to time, things are going well. I NEED to get my nutrition back in order soon. I'm having way too many sweets and it is affecting my energy levels.

Mrs. Team BRAZO completed her last long run in preparation for the Door County half-marathon. She ran 12 miles and felt pretty good. She should be good to go.

Mrs. Team BRAZO and myself are headed up to the Cottage tomorrow morning for a long weekend -- I'm thinking we'll bring both the road bikes and the mountain bikes on top of the Prius. That will give us some choices.

Have a nice weekend...

2 comments:

IronTriTim said...

Good luck Mrs Brazo, and Mr Brazo a sub 2hr is a great goal good luck.

Bob said...

I am extremely jealous...I miss Door County!