Thursday, April 17, 2008

First ride of the season...

Today I met up with XT4 and we headed out on my "IronMan Trainer" bike route. The route runs behind my house on a few country roads. The total distance of one (1) loop is approx. 30 miles and the course is lined with some pretty good hills along with some longer stretches of flat road. Normally, there are very few cars on the route and the ones that you do see are usually farmers that are going slow and easy.

Last year I used this route to get ready for IronMan Wisconsin. Here is the link from MapMyRide.com:

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-states/wi/stoughton/29835175

Before the rains make their way into the area, we got out on the bikes and enjoyed fairly light winds along with some nice temps. XT4 had his new "rocket ship" and cruised well ahead of me for much of the ride -- waiting at the "corners" of the route to allow me to catch up. My legs got a bit sore during some of the hills, but probably more from chasing XT4 then the hills.

Great ride...

No comments: