Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Next Up -- WORS Big Ring Classic - Wausau, WI


Next Up for Team BRAZO will be the WORS Big Ring Classic MTB race in Wausau, Wi on June 1st. Mrs. Team BRAZO, Oldest Mini, and myself will ride the 12 mile citizens race and Youngest Mini will ride the kids race.

The plan as it stands now is to do some rough camping in Nine Mile Forest. You can pay $10 and camp on Friday and Saturday nights. I'm guessing the camping is just in a big field with many of the other participants. I grew up camping and still love the "idea" of camping, but I'm not sure if we'll be able to handle the tent for two nights. I'm going to reserve a hotel room in town just in case the camping idea sounded better than it really was.

This will give us our last race before we head out on our month long boat trip -- more on that later.

So, JWM-- if your racing that weekend, just don't think you have DFL all locked up -- I'm certainly a viable competitor for that spot -- no stopping me now.

3 comments:

jwm said...

Hey, you'll have to go this one alone.. I'd love to take a stab at it.. It is calling my name.. but I have too many weeds (work) to dig through to get to it.

I'd be remiss not to mention gears this coming weekend.. which I would but also can't go to.. see wemseries.com

-jwm

Erin said...

I too, love the "idea" than camping more than I actually like the camping itself...but sounds like a fantastic weekend. Have fun with the "team"!

Tri Mom said...

Hi

Just popping over from the Team Louisville site. My blog is so out of date, but wanted to let you know that I'll up in Wausau this weekend. My three sons are doing the kids race as well. We'll be wearing our team jerseys or shirts-Adventure 212. Please make sure to introduce yourself if you see us. I will try and pick you out as well.

TRI MOM

Keep up the awesome training!