Sunday, August 31, 2008

Almost passed out on bike, stomach issues, almost DNF -- But NOW DOUBLE IRONMAN!!

Had some major problems on the bike -- sat down with 3 miles to go and almost passed out. My eye's were rolling in my head. I did everything I could to get the bike done without stopping -- if the Med's would have found me, no doubt they would have pulled me from the course.

HUGE Thanks to XT4 -- x --> your e-mail regarding the staying cool on the bike 100% saved me from a DNF on the bike. Almost happened anyway, THANKS!!

I'm not sure of my finish time (finished around 11:20 and started around 7:25), but all I know is that I have an awesome IRONMAN FINISHERS medal around my neck. Tomorrow morning it is off to by some Finishers gear.

Race report later.

3 comments:

xt4 said...

WHOOOOOHOOOO IRONMAN!!!!!!

They don't have your final run split posted, and the live video feed just had the countdown to the end of the race, so I was getting concerned - glad you posted! Sounds like you had a killer day out there, can't wait for the full report.

Well earned my man - YOU ARE AN IRONMAN

Michelle said...

OMG!!!!!!

That is awesome! I am so happy for you. The conditions sounded brutal.

At the risk of sounding like an emcee geek....."You are an Ironman!"

CONGRATULATIONS

Anonymous said...

SECOND TIME IRONMAN. We were certainly glad when we heard from oldest mini that you were across the finish line. GREAT JOB!
Mom and Dad