Thursday, September 27, 2007

FeatherMan

Ok, something bad is happening in my life recently – I have gone from an IronMan to a FeatherMan. Don’t believe me (like that would be the case), well by the time you are done reading this – you’ll be a believer.

Around 18 days, 3 hours, 46 minutes, and 32 seconds ago (not that I actually track this or anything) – I became an IronMan @ IronMan Wisconsin 2007. Since that time and date, things have gone the other direction towards FeatherMan. Check out what I mean:


· Pre-IronMan – Scheduled workouts for the next 9 months

o Now – Scheduled workouts don’t exist

· Pre-IronMan – Visited the Local Bike shops (multiple shops) at least 3 times per week

o Now – No visits to the Local Bike shops

· Pre-IronMan – Made an IronMan purchase almost daily regardless of available budget

o Now – No IronMan purchases –

· Pre-IronMan – Didn’t care how much I was able to bill my consulting clients each month, as long as it didn’t interfere with my IronMan training.

o Now – I actually care about billing my clients – kids need shoes

· Pre-IronMan – Networked with only Tri-athletes regardless of how removed they were from my Business needs

o Now – Actually talk/visit/network with non tri-athletes that may or may not help with my future finances (probably to help finance the next IronMan race).

· Pre-IronMan – Did not balance books for 12 months

o Now – books have been balanced

· Pre-IronMan – Didn’t care who or how much my customers owed me – just didn’t have time to deal with that.

o Now – Certified collection letters sent out

And the most embarrassing one:

· Pre-IronMan – No Oprah show @ 4:00


o Now – Yes, be quiet, Oprah at least a couple times per week – knock off the laughing – not proud of this one

See what I mean, this is crazy, I’m getting very soft – worrying and dealing with things (business, money, life, etc) that just don’t matter. Man, I just can’t wait to get back to things that matter – bring on that IronMan Louisville 2008.

I'm a FeatherMan in the making...

2 comments:

Erin said...

Alas...secret Oprah junkie here too. I won't tell anyone if you don't.

And I hear you on the reduced bike shop (and/or for me, Endurance House) stops. My bank account is rejoicing.

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Thanks for making my day.

I see a lot of myself in you pre/post-ironmanness.

Stay tuned...