Monday, October 1, 2007

You’re never going to believe me but….

Ok, I know this is going to be hard to believe. You may think that I’m just making this sh*t up. You’ll probably think that I’m just another nut case trying to pump himself up with the use of his blog. You’ll probably think that all that IronMan training has eaten up a few too many brain cells, well that may be true, but that is besides the point.

So, after I tell you what it is that I’m going to tell you – you’ll probably click that back button on your browser and delete me from your favorites (ya, right – like I was there already). You may e-mail your friends and family to just stay away from the “big liars” blog spot. You’ll probably think that my ego is just a bit too big and that I just needed another reason to blow it even larger.

What I have to tell you is in regards to the number of visitors to my blog last Thursday. Of course, as soon as I tell you – you’ll say – “whatever, he is making all this up”. You’ll say – “no way he had that many visitors”. You might actually say “He probably just brought his blog up many times that day and all those hits were just him”.

Well, that is not true – I’m talking about “Unique Visitors” – not just hits on the blog but the number of actual readers that day. So then you’ll start saying that – “sure, he just went all around stopping at each coffee shop and logging onto his blog just to pump up the numbers”. Well, I don’t drink coffee and I haven’t been to a coffee shop in a few months. Next you’ll say “well ya, but he has been a computer programmer for years and he knows how to go into the Internet and just boost his Unique hits to his blog”. Believe me when I say – my skill set does not include anything harder than tracking a few insurance policies for a few companies.

It might be hard too believe, but here it is – last Thursday my blog (yes, Team BRAZO, not Google.com or Yahoo.com) had three (3) blog readers – yes, three (3) unique visitors – that is 3 as in Tres for all my Spanish readers – I’m not just bragging – this is absolutely 100% the truth (I’d stick a needle in my eye if I was lying).

How do I know that that many people hit my blog in one 24 hour period – simple, I used Google Analytics. So, I’m now waiting for the calls and e-mails from Google regarding my blog site over-loading their servers, the e-mails from my future “sponsors”, and the coming fame and fortune that I will be enjoying.

So, the next time you come to my blog to read the latest blog entry – just know that you are not the only one – you are just one of many – you’re just a small part of the fan base – just a number to us at Team BRAZO. We have many too please and just know that we can’t please all three (3) of you at once…

3 comments:

xt4 said...

As one third the triumviral, I'd like to say you're welcome, and I'll expect a chunk o' change from the ad sales...

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

I'll pin the #4 on my shirt and call it a day!

Erin said...

Ditto what Xt4 said! Ad revenue, here we come!