Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Good News -- I made it into KONA...

Well, I have good news today -- I'm officially registered for the 2008 Ford Ironman World Championship "lottery".

*******************************
This message is generated as confirmation of your recent registration on Active.com. You have been successfully registered for the following:

Registration:
2008 Ford Ironman World Championship Lottery

*******************************

So I'm in the Lottery -- 25 spots with probably thousands of entries -- well, it is worth a try.

If I make it in, I believe (from listening to the Pro's on the podcasts) that I would need to train in Hawaii for at least a few months to get used to the weather. Might be a good idea to just move the family there!!

So, watch for my name on April 15, 2008 when they announce the Lottery winners -- I'm sure I'll win...

3 comments:

jwm said...

Good luck! After watching this year and noticing how dang fast everyone there is, I'd nearly be afraid to race there.

Experience of a lifetime, I'm certain.

-jwm

Go Mom Go said...

The lottery is probably the only way that I will ever get there...I am not going to try this year though.

Best of luck!
Laura

IronTriTim said...

As per go mom go, lottery I think will be my only ever chance. Entered, and can always keep my fingers crossed.