Friday, May 16, 2008

Xterra Last Stand -- some Very good news...



I have some very good news to report for the Xterra Last Stand this Sunday. I reviewed the participate list and I saw at least 3 individuals over 60 years of age. So, now I just need to figure out who they are and get on their heals during the swim, on their rear tire during the bike, and then attempt to out sprint them on the run. That may be my only chance to stay out of the DFL position.

There looks to be around 150 participates for the race. The last e-mail from the race organizers had the water temp at 63 degrees -- that'll be a bit refreshing.

We have a 5 hour trip to Augusta, MI tomorrow morning and then they have a pre-ride @ 4pm.

To give me some breathing room, I just wish some 70 year olds would have signed up -- maybe they are waiting to sign up on race day!!

I'm ready to roll --- cannot wait to give an Xterra a try...

2 comments:

Formulaic said...

Don't worry. You'll do great. You've put in a lot of training and you have a NICE base.

plus we're starting a club for DFL-ers. So either way its a win-win!

jwm said...

you'd be better off finding a pasty 35-39 guy to stay in front of... I'm guessing those who are 60 and in the race are no joke.

You're lucking out that I'm not there ! Good luck!

-jwm