Monday, August 4, 2008

Confindence ride

So it was only a 20 mile ride today -- but I needed that "confidence ride" to get back in the grove.

For my nutrition (which I usually don't take on a 20 mile ride), I put the Perpeteum in the blender and added just a bit of unsweetened grape coolaid. That helped with the "chalky" taste and allowed me to take it without problems. I'm slowly putting together the plan for Thursday's 80 mile bike ride -- the nutrition (my stomach) needs to go smoothly one way or another.

I'm not hearing very good reports from the IMKY bike course. If you go to http://ironmanlouisville2008.blogspot.com/2008/07/imky-ride-report.html, you'll find many comments about how busy the course is with cars and how nasty some of the drivers are to the riders. I'm sure it will be better race day, but I also heard that the University of Louisville is playing football that day -- should make things interesting. Comments about drivers throwing stuff out the windows at riders -- at least I won't have time worrying about my stomach or sore legs -- I'll be dodging beer cans...

1 comment:

Bob said...

Maybe catch one of the beer cans and hydrate with its contents :)