Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Back to the Pool

Well, after taking the last 4 months off from swimming -- it was back to the pool today. I hadn't been in the water since I stepped out of the water and into T1 for IronMan Louisville.

My plan was to only swim 500 yds -- just an easy quick swim. Of course the hardest part of the entire swim is the initial dive into the pool. Is the pool going to be cold or just a bit cold -- that is always the surprise that is not fun finding out the answer.

The first 2-3 laps went great with my stroke coming back fine. It was the last 7 laps that were a bit hard. My upper body is just not in swim condition. No worries here, but I now plan on going multiple times per week to get that fitness back. I'll stay with 500 yds for a few weeks and then gradually build those laps up until we hit open water season.

I've been a bit laxed with the IronMan training over the Holidays. Instead of stressing to get my workouts in during the Holidays, I just go on an everyother day 3 mile run schedule and that works well.

Spent some time at the Cottage over the holidays and did some more SnowBoarding with the Mini's.

1 comment:

Formulaic said...

Sounds like a good plan for getting into back into the swim of things.

Work on technique and before you know it you'll be back to your old self. Better even!