Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Still going ... a bit faster...

The IronMan training plan is going along well. I have not missed a workout and even completed the 1.5 hour bikes on the trainer. Last year while training for IMKY, I would limit my indoor bike rides to 1 hour regardless how long my schedule told me to do. Anything over an hour is just not fun. I did put the laptop on the aero bars during the 1.5 hours -- which made it better.

Today I ran my 2nd faster 10k time ever -- of course, on the treadmill. My fastest 10k is 49:08 and today I ran a 49:40. I easily could have beat the 49:08, but I was just running at pace and never changed it through the entire run. Also, of course I had no people to run around or no hills to climb -- but it felt good.

My fitness level feels very good this year -- a carry over from the last 2.5 years of IronMan training...

1 comment:

jwm said...

Solid. Keep it up.

-jwm