Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Building the base...

I've increased my daily runs to 75 minutes on the treadmill. This has been great but has created a bit of a problem. Instead of starting my run at 10AM and enjoying "The View" until 11AM, now I have 15 more minutes that I need to find some "keep my mind off this boring treadmill run" program. Regis and Kelly just doesn't cut it, but really no choice. I guess that is the problems with treadmill running without cable tv.



On Tuesday we had a 55 degree day with most of the snow now gone -- outside of spots here and there. Even though it was perfect "run outside" weather, I'm stuck on the treadmill. I'm kindof like a rat for my workouts -- once I'm stuck on something for awhile, I don't like to change it. So, over the last 4 weeks it has been running only, on the treadmill only, running everyday (outside of Saturday), and running for an hour plus each time.



The base for my spring "Marathon / long race" is coming along great. Not doing much on the bike or the swim, but soon that'll get added back -- now I just want to get that strong base built up.



This week will end up being 42 miles of running -- that matches my high mileage weeks during my past Marathon training (2006 Madison Marathon / 2007 Green Bay Marathon).

No comments: